Most people know about Pilates from taking classes offered at the gyms or doing the home video workouts, but there is actually so much more more to Pilates than working out on the floor or on a mat. Equipment based Pilates is a great way to build upon mat Pilates. If you like mat work, then you will love working on the reformer, chair, barrel, cadillac, etc!!!
The main piece of equipment used in this studio is the refomer. It is spring loaded an is intended to do just that, reform your body. As you move through the exercises on the reformer your instructor will see imbalances, weaknesses, areas of tightness in the body and this is where the other pieces of equipment come into play. A few key points on how Pilates can help you include, but are not limited to….
- building strength & firming your muscles
- increasing your flexability
- improving your posture and decreasing or eliminating back pain
- strengthening the core/ powerhouse as well as all the muscles in the body
- an overall sense of feeling and moving better
Pilates is a building process that requires patience and consistency. If you are ready to commit to your body and your health then try Pilates for just 1 month and see how you feel. Like all my clients, I am sure you will love how it makes you look and feel!!! There is a an excellent quote from Joseph Pilates that sums it up…
“In 10 sessions you will feel the difference; in 20 you will see the difference; and in 30 you will have a whole new body.”
There are 3 different ways to practice Pilates.
1. Private sessions are 55 minutes and they great for those new to Pilates and for those that have limitations or restrictions that require extra attention.
Single is $70
12 sessions for $65 each, or 24 sessions for $60 each
2. Semi private sessions are great to workout with friends, a spouse or significant other, or co-workers. It is important to have a great support system when trying to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Having a consistent and reliable partner helps to increase success and commitment to your practice. We would work together and set a schedule that fits everyones’ schedules.
Single is $40
12 sessions for $36 each.
3. Pilates Classes are a great way to practice Pilates if you are on a budget or you would like to train several times a week. Classes are 55 minutes long and the size is limited to 5 people so it is important to sign up online in advance to reserve a reformer. It is required that those new to Pilates take 2 private sessions first. This allows for a comfortable introduction to the Pilates reformer and to the fundamentals of the Pilates practice. Click HERE to view the class schedule.
Single is $28
10 classes for $24 each.
Please know that there is a 24 HOUR cancellation policy with all sessions and classes. Water and towels are provided, but feel free to bring you own. You will want to wear clothing that is somewhat fitted so that the instructors can see how you mover your body. You will also want to wear socks. You can purchase Pilates Toe Sox for $14 at the studio.